Join Giner Labs
If you have a passion for electrochemistry, Giner Labs would be a great place to make your career. Giner Labs is a world leader in electrochemical research and development with a 40-year record of success. We not only push the frontiers of technology, but push those technologies forward to make a difference in commercial applications. We deliver electrolyzers supplying oxygen to the crews of US submarines, large scale hydrogen generators for renewable energy storage and miniature implantable oxygen generators for cell therapies.
Take a look at the career openings posted below. If you see a good fit, please forward your resume and a cover letter explaining the position you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giner Labs does not contact job candidates through instant messaging or work with outside recruiting contractors. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that is fraudulent, and guard your personal information and funds.
Project Scientist/Engineer – Sensors
Giner, Inc. is seeking a candidate to lead R&D efforts in the development of electrochemical sensors. The Project Scientist/Engineer candidate should have a PhD degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or a related field. The candidate will assist in the development of novel electrochemical sensor platforms and should have a strong background in electrochemical sensing techniques, surface modification, and sensor material characterization techniques. Knowledge and experience with lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices is also highly advantageous.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work well independently and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to design, develop, and validate various sensor platforms. The candidate will generate results for the preparation of protocols, presentations, technical reports, and sensor prototype products. The candidate should have good oral and written communication skills and have a desire to learn new technologies and concepts.
- PhD degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or a related field
- Strong background and hands-on experience in applied electrochemistry and electrochemical analysis techniques (amperometry, potentiometry, voltammetry, and impedance)
- Development of sensor assays
- Development of sensor prototype devices
- Experience with surface modification of electrodes
- Surface analysis and material characterization techniques
- Experience performing hands-on wet chemistry and knowledge of standard laboratory protocols
- Strong oral and written communication skills (ability to document results, prepare reports, standard operating procedures, and present results to internal and external collaborators)
- Ability to think creatively and analytically to solve technical challenges
Additional Qualifications (highly desirable but not required)
- Development and fabrication of lab-on-a-chip devices
- Development and fabrication of sensors on microfluidic platforms
IT Support Technician II
The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing quality support services to various departments in a scientific research company. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to resolve various issues with expertise and respectable judgment while working with end-users.
- Diagnose and resolve computer issues and requests from users in a timely
- Prioritize incoming helpdesk tickets and maintain accurate status and completion
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals, IP phones, and mobile
- Understand asset management and maintain an asset
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software including Engineering/CAD/Scientific specialty
- Coordinate with project managers to schedule maintenance windows for patching and upgrades for lab
- Moves and setup of desktop, network and server
- Oversee the on-boarding process, from hardware deployment to new hire
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory and ensure lifecycle plan is
- Create and update application installation
- Other tasks and duties as
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 2+ years support experience with networked PC
- Working knowledge of desktop Operating Systems and desktop software including Microsoft Office
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving
- Knowledge of networking topology and
- Knowledge of Windows server folder permissions structure in a least privilege
- Customer focus and dedication to customer
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor under client deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to complete tasks on
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal
- Attention to
- Perform operational support tasks such as assisting with server installs, configuring system hardware; trouble-shooting, maintenance tasks, and upgrades as abilities provide, with Senior Admin approval and help where
- Must be in good physical condition to lift and carry computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to working near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Project Engineer will perform hands-on work for a variety of internal and government-funded projects, including fuel cells, water electrolyzer, flow batteries, and electrochemical sensors. The candidate should have a MS degree in chemical engineering, polymer engineering, materials science or a related field. Candidates should possess a strong understanding of polymer fundamentals and have hands-on experience with polymer and membrane processing and characterizations. Specific experience with ion exchange membranes for fuel cells and other electrochemical devices is required, and experience in assembling and testing these devices is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and/or modify polymer membrane materials to improve mechanical and chemical properties (conductivity, gas permeability, water uptake and mechanical strength)
- Perform physical, chemical and electrical characterizations and associated data analysis of developed membranes
- Integrate membranes with other components of electrochemical devices (fuel cells, water electrolyzers, batteries and sensors)
- Assemble and test lab-scale hydrogen fuel cells, electrolyzers and similar devices using existing or modified test equipment and instrumentation
- MS degree in chemical engineering, polymer engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science or a related field
- Deep understanding of polymer fundamentals and applications
- Specific experience with electrochemical materials and devices
- Hands-on experience with polymer processing (membrane casting, doctor blading, roll-to-roll coating, etc.)
- Be familiar with polymer membrane characterizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well on a team as well as a self-starter
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly and easily
Not required but preferred:
- Lab-scale polymer synthesis experience
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing instrumentation and test equipment